Dear Teachers/Advisors,There are a few changes and additions for the 2015 YES Fair:
In the 5 & 6 and 7 & 8 Divisions teams will now compete with individual projects instead of being a separate category. Plus now there are five Categories:
- Energy & Engineering
- The study of renewable energy sources, energy efficiency, and alternative fuels. Includes: Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering, Aerodynamics, Alternative Fuels, Fossil Fuel Energy, Renewable Energies. Engineering studies the design, manufacture, and operation of machines, structures, processes, and systems. Includes Robotics, Material Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Civil, Construction, Industrial, Processing, and Solar Engineering.
- Subjects including electricity, electronics, mathematics, and computers.
- Physical Science
- subjects including chemistry, and physics.
- Earth & Space Science
- The study of sciences related to the planet Earth and anything in the universe beyond it. Includes: astronomy, weather and meteorology, solar and planetary systems, geology, mineralogy, oceanography, climatology, speleology, seismology, paleontology, geography, and atmospheric sciences.
- Biological Science
- Subjects including animal husbandry, agriculture, biochemistry, biology, botany, environmental sciences, home economics, medicine and health, microbiology and zoology.
Grant applications ($200) for local school science and engineering fairs are due by December 1, 2014.
Those fairs must be completed by January 31, 2015.
High School (grades 9-12) projects require completed ISEF forms turned in to the YES Fair office five (5) days after registration. The International Rules & Guidelines include the forms necessary to document adherence to the rules. These forms constitute Documentation of what will occur, or in some cases, has
already occurred, in a research project. They are designed to provide the information that is needed to review the project to ensure compliance with the Intel ISEF rules and with laws and regulations that apply to the project.
2015 YES Fair Director